ServicesWe can help our clients with every step of the hydraulics cylinder rebuild process, from dis-assembly to re-sealing.
Anyone who owns or operates a business understands the importance of having access to reliable assistance whenever it is needed. That is why Tambani Hydraulicshas a wide range of services to support both your equipment and your business. All our manufacturing and repair services reflect our continual drive to identify and provide solutions that effectively support customer success.
Tambani Hydraulics guarantees all the repairs carried out against defects in material and/or workmanship for a minimum period of 12 months or 5000 hours.
The Tambani Hydraulics Service Advantage:
- Original and custom manufactured parts, to all major manufacture’s specifications, so they are always in stock.
- Extensive inventory of exchange components and complete assemblies with as-new warranty.
- Simple two-level exchange piece schedule based on re-usability – vast variations of services exchange units!!!
- 12 month’s or 5000 hours warranty
- ISO9001:2015 Registered
- Rebuild components guaranteed to meet manufacturer’s original performance specifications
- Comprehensive customer service
FACTORYThe Tambani Hydraulics factory has a vast array of industry specific equipment for stripping and assembly of components
- An imported cylinder servicing bench minimizes secondary damage when components are being stripped and procedures are simply reversed when assembly is required. All auxiliary attachments on the bench, such as torque dial gauges, are all calibrated for use. Up to 52000Nm of torque is available for those stubborn nylock nuts to reduce the unnecessary machining of parts to facilitate stripping.
- 5 overhead cranes with two 10 ton units in the mix are more than capable of handling anything that can be thrown at them.
- 10 Metre lathe with Ø800 swing and 4m between centres are fitted with DRO’s to maintain the close tolerances required for hydraulic engineering.
- Lincoln Electric welding equipment range for 600A @ 100% duty cycle is fitted with both amp and volt gauges on the face to ensure consistent weld beads.
With the facilities to strip, test and machine the largest cylinders in the world under our belts.
Our heavy-duty cylinder benches accommodate cylinders up to 10 metres long and 5 tons. Highly skilled technicians ensure accurate surface variance and bore dimension. Our extensive shop includes cylinder workstations, cylinder barrel washing equipment and a honing bench that can handle jobs of all sizes.
Hydraulic Cylinder Stripping BenchesSome of the longest and largest in Africa
Shovels and Excavators
- Hitachi EX8000-6
- Liebherr R9800
- Demag H740 OS
- Komatsu PC8000-6
- Liebherr R 996 B
- Hitachi EX5600-6
- Hitachi EX5500-6
- Komatsu PC5500-6
- Bucyrus RH 340/RH 340-B
- and more upon request
- Belaz 75710
- Caterpillar 797F
- Terex MT 6300AC
- Liebherr T 282C / T 284
- Belaz 75601
- Komatsu 960E-1 / 960E-1K
- Terex MT 5500AC
- Belaz 75600
- Caterpillar 795F AC
- Hitachi EH5000AC-3 / EH1100- EH1100-5 / EH1700-3 / EH3500AC-3
- and more upon request
Machining & ManufacturingExperienced in hydraulic cylinder machining
All components are manufactured to O.E.M. specifications. Material is analysed for hardness to ensure it is kept to standard, thus never jeopardising the quality of our product. Certification is supplied where necessary.
Our team of Hydraulic Turners has vast experience in hydraulic cylinder machining, which enables them to produce good excellent work in a reasonable time without jeopardising quality.
With the inclusion of a new 10 metre lathe with a swing of 1250mm, this brings the total of number of lathes to seven ranging from:
- 1 x 2 metre
- 1 x 2.5 metre
- 1 x 3 metre
- 3 x 4 metre
- 1 x 10 metre
- 1x Bridgeport
- 1 x Milling Machine
- 1 x Horizontal Boring Mill
- 1x CNCMilling Machine
- 1 x Honing Machine
Parts in stockGeneral Engineering and Pex Units
Parts inventory includes and ensures all major brands are kept in stock, or manufactured to specifications.
- and more upon request
- Atlas Copco
- and many more upon request
Painting, Packaging And Dispatch
I.C.A.P. (Job Card System)Integrated Cylinder Assessment Program
- Upon receipt of components, a new job card is created on I.C.A.P. after which it is photographed complete with any attachments such as pipes and fittings. The unit is then stripped on an imported stripping bench to minimize secondary damage from impact tools. Once all the components have been hand-stamped they are delivered to incoming inspection for assessment. Calibrated equipment is then used to measure various dimensions and tolerances such as rod hardness, chrome thickness and straightness. Once assessed, the job card is signed off by the inspector. All the information is locked to prevent accidental altering of text or description and advanced through to the next stage – Costing.
- At this stage the customer’s job is assessed using a standard spread sheet with default pricing formulae and structures already embedded into it. All that is required is to enter the specific sizes recorded on the job card and all the prices are automatically calculated and shown in various blocks for the buyer to select. After saving and signing off their part of the card, the job card is now advanced through to quoting.
- Once quoted, all jobs will wait in this category until the go ahead is given by the customer. The job can only be activated by the customer’s order number being entered into the relevant space. To prevent overzealous button pressing, this stage (like costing, quoting and financials) can only be activated by certain authorized personnel.
- This is the nuts and bolts (pardon the pun) of the operation. Every member of the machine shop has their own computer terminal allowing them to access all the relevant information to complete a task. This includes all job card information, all documentation that accompanied the job, access to standard tolerances and specifications as well as a drawing register. The drawing office saves an electronic copy of a drawing to the server which can be accessed by all users. The drawing office is isolated from the main network to preserve the security of access to unapproved drawings. As machining, welding and honing operations are completed the foreman will fill in the time taken to complete and then sign off the job card. These times can then be analysed against the original times that were submitted in the costing, to ensure the client receives good value for money.
- At this point the work is nearing completion but this critical step ensures that the necessary checks and balances are put into place to reduce the risk of incorrectly re-worked parts making their way into construction. The inspector can assess all the parts against the same specifications the artisans used and once passed, are advanced to assembly
- Assembly is only done after all the parts have been assessed, checked and measured. Fitment is then done on the imported assembly bench by reversing the process initially used at the stripping stage. Oil flow for the assembly bench is restricted by the throttle valve enabling assembly speeds to be modified by the filter to suit the assembly. The bench is used for correctly aligning the rod and barrel, torqueing all the nuts and bolts on the cylinder and photographs are taken to show the gauge setting at the time of fitment.
- The modern and technologically advanced bench measures both pressure and temperature using a sophisticated software package. Low-velocity oil and a PT1100 thermocouple are used to measure the requirements. A detailed report chart is printed for every test showing the various parametres and its video recorded for the customer’s peace-of-mind. Filtration is done down to 10 microns and oil reclamation is done through a ROSE-Foundation approved supplier.
Stripping and Assessment
Waiting for Go-ahead
Machining and Honing
Assessment and Testing
Job Card Process
- Stripping and Assessment
- Waiting for Go-ahead
- Machining and Honing
- Assessment and Testing
Every member of the machining staff has access to all the necessary job card information, drawings and specifications on their own terminal.
The entire system is updated instantaneously to all users, and for added protection, all information is stored off site at a secure cloud backup facility.
Thanks to modern technology, the flow of work through the factory can be viewed from any location via a Wi-Fi connection and access to sensitive information is limited to the individual’s password access.
Any one of our sales representatives would be able to show the customer the progress of his job as well as provide an analysis of work carried out previously and his anticipated future requirements, all from the comfort of the customer’s office or site.
Conference meetings can also be conducted between the factory and the customer’s site or office allowing the interaction amongst the key personnel.
GENERAL QUESTIONS AND INQUIRIES:
- If you have a specific project you are working where hydraulics are involved.
- If you just want to replace a hydraulic cylinder or other hydraulic component.
- If you need an assistance in choosing the right cylinder.
- If you are looking for a custom built cylinder for your specific application.
- If you are looking for an alternative OEM supplier in hydraulic cylinders and/or other components.
- If you would like to become a distributor of Tambani Hydraulics cylinders.
- You can contact us at +27 (0) 11 975 9631 Monday to Friday from 7:30am to 4:30pm (GMT+2)